Monday 25 June 2012

More people behind the brands

Danish store manager, Mette...


I had the pleasure of meeting up with my Danish friend Mette Uldall. She has a similar story to me, lived outside of Denmark for more than a decade! Mette gets her Danish fix by managing one of the most prestiges Scandinavian furniture stores in London, Republic of Fritz Hansen, which is a venture between the Danish Fritz Hansen and Skandium, a Scandinavian interior design shop also located in London.

Mette owns her flat in Clapham and obviously has a talent for decorating, she has a strong Scandinavian style with a bit of London pieces. Her place is very cool and cosy to visit, and I always enjoy her great chilli...when I'm invited!

Store Manager Mette Uldall

I interviewed Mette at the beautiful London store, here is what she said:


1. Where do you work?
- Republic of Fritz Hansen

2. What do you do?
- Store manager


3. What do you love to wear?
- Cos dresses, my favourite White converse trainers, diamond necklace from my mum and watch that I got for my 40th from Ole Mathiesen


4. What is your favourite shop?
- Cos, ottolenghi food and Stella McCartney 


5. What is your best travel memory?
- Free camping in Greece two years ago


6. What is you favourite colour?
- Navy Blue and Bright Orange


7. What would you like to be remembered for?
- My pretty bright smile and sense of humour


8. What is your favourite drink and food?
- Martini and healthy exciting food from all over the world


9. Where is your next travel destination?
- Wedding in Denmark end of June


10. Will you always work with furniture design?
- Yes 


11. What is your favourite style?
- Classic simple clean lines (no fuzz!), in short Poul Kjærholm and my brothers design, www.helgo.dk



Mette and I often meet in the weekends in Clapham. Clapham, Northcote Road, has a real village feel similar to Oesterbro in Copenhagen, full of small local shops (some carries Danish brands!) and cafe's.




Check out the brands in the window, Rutzou and Day!


Clapham is a nice and cosy area, it is worth a visit plus you might bump into Mette or me!



Enjoy,

Pernille

No comments:

Post a Comment