Wednesday 11 July 2012

Jamie Oliver and organic Chillies

My Organic Chilli babies



My Chilli babies are growing, like there is no tomorrow in our kitchen window.  It's almost like, they feel the rain outside, but because they stay dry enough inside, they are now on their way out in the world to spice it up!

They look like triplets but expected to have very different personalities: 

A. Bright Yellow and fiery
B. Deep Red and fiercely hot
C. Sweet and seriously hot
.
This is the Bright Yellow and fiery one. It's just becoming a teenager now and will start to add colour (make up) soon!


I'm a big fan of organic food, and these are my first organic chillies to grow at home, (or in a green house, but we don't have one!), and I'm so excited to get to cook with them. I plan to cook one of the chilli required meals, from one of Jamie's own cook books! This should be easy, since he is a big lover and fan of Chilli.


Jamie's chilli tips


It's fun to grow your own chillies, and I really enjoy watering them every morning and see how big they have become! They are my summer chilli babies... 

1. I got the 3 Chilli plant pack designed by Jamie Oliver at Home Base for £3.99
2. The "grow Up" tray is from Jamie Oliver's website, Jamie at Home, when we got the house 2 years ago.


Jaime Oliver also has shops which is one of my favourite, when I visit Clapham.










Grow your own food, there is no excuse, even if you don't have a garden. All you need is a window and some water!



Enjoy,

Pernille

No comments:

Post a Comment