Tuesday 10 July 2012

Places I would like to go

Planning a short holiday...

Our fridge has been covered in holiday destinations for a long time. When I read about a great place to go, I tear out the page and paste it on the fridge with a magnet. The pages were suppose to inspire me, where to go next, but now it's been a long time now, and they have more become the fridge wall paper! 
It wasn't before this morning, when I got soaked in the rain again walking the dog, that I remembered the fridge! The weather can impossible be this bad in other countries!
Now I have taken them all down to cheer myself up, and this is my top 3 list so far for a 4-5 day, short holiday:

1.Antwerp, Belgium


Antwerp is the home of my favourite fashion designer Dries Van Noten. The city is suppose to be full of highly creative fashion design shops and art museums, i.e. Royal Museum of Fine Arts that is a must see. The city is also home to the famous Royal Academy of Arts, where Dries Van Noten and Ann Demeulemeester graduated from, so should be worth a visit as well. Antwerp is also famous for antiques, moules frites and artisan chocolate...


Dries Van Noten Fashion show AW12



2. Marrakech, Morocco


Marrakech is the home of Jadin Majorelle, which was fashion designer YSL's favourite place. I want to see this at some point in my life! Going in October or November is good, because the weather is warm and not burning hot. Other than the Cactus Garden, Jadin Majorelle, I'm thinking taking a desert day trip, visiting the Saadian Tombs, the famous city square called Jemaa Elfna, the Souks, go to the high Atlas mountains and of course stay in one of the many riads.


Jardin Majorelle, once owned by Yves Saint Laurent



3. Venice, Italy




 Venice must be one of the most romantic cities in Italy with a gondola boat ride! The taxi boat ride from the airport is suppose to be a very nice way to arrive to the city, unless it's really foggy! I want to see the amazing architecture with endless small narrow streets with hidden places and many canals and bridges! I want to look down at the Grande Canal, that James Bond sailed through, enjoy a coffee and a gelato on the Piazza San Marco, while looking at the famous clock, visit art galleries and museums, go up in the Campanile, which is the tallest building in Venice, enjoy an aperitif and a cicheti (snack), dinner and vino at one of the fantastic restaurants, go listen to local classical music or see an opera or ballet performance and shop antiques, famous glass or fabrics. So much to do!



James Bond and girlfriend Vesper sailing to Venice! It's so romantic...



How do I choose?



Enjoy,



Pernille







No comments:

Post a Comment